With pleasant weather year round and some spectacular views, it’s no wonder Tampa Bay is home to some amazing golf courses. We’ve compiled a list, in no particular order, of the top five golf courses in Tampa Bay. Whether you’re looking to for a day on the links or a weekend getaway filled with golf and other activities, the area has something for everyone.
- Copperhead at Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club, Palm Harbor. This semi-private course is host to the PGA’s Valspar Tour Championship. The 18 hole course has a 71 par. In addition to the golf, it also offers dining, accommodations, a driving range, and a site to host events. It was also included in Golf Magazine‘s “Top 100 Courses You Can Play.” Website | (727) 942-2000
- TPC Tampa Bay, Lutz. Not only does TPC Tampa Bay offer 18 holes with a 71 par, it also boasts a world-class practice facility. The course is a moderate length of 6,898 yards and open to the public. Rates vary depending on the season. Website | (813) 949-0090
- Pine Barrens at World Woods, Brooksville. Pine Barrens is styled after the famed Pine Valley in New Jersey with a mix of native vegetation and pine trees. Rank #63 in the world by Golf Digest the course is 6,458 yards with a 71 par and both greens and fairways are covered in Bermuda grass. The course is open to the public. Website | (352) 796-5500
- Club Renaissance, Sun City Center. This course has two distinctive nines, the front nine offers an open feel with wide fairways and greens; the back nine, however, requires more precision as it was developed through conserved lands and space is at a premium. The course is semi-private, a moderate length of 6,701 yards with a par 72. Website | (813) 633-1015
- Saddlebrook Resorts, Wesley Chapel. Saddlebrook offers two courses, the Saddlebrook and the Palmer, the latter designed by Arnold Palmer. The courses are 6,564 and 6,469 yards respectively appealing to a range of golfers. The is an array of wildlife to be found on the courses. In addition to the golf, the resort offers 800 suites ranging from 1 to 3 bedrooms, a spa, 45 tennis courts, and an in-resort village. Website | (813) 973-1111