One of the essential factors that contribute to the City of St. Petersburg’s unique character is the wealth of independent, locally owned businesses that have opened and come to thrive in recent years. It makes St. Pete vibrant and colorful, fun, entertaining, delicious, inviting and economically successful.
Today’s St. Pete is not the same old same old, it’s a collection of one-of-a-kind originality that strengthens the local economy and the community.
Keep Saint Petersburg Local Promotes Business And Community
Keep Saint Petersburg Local is a grass roots organization formed in 2011 comprised of independent business owners working together to nurture the city’s entrepreneurial spirit, support the interests of its local, privately owned businesses, promote diversity of choices and encourages prosperity throughout the community.
Their Mission: “Keep Saint Petersburg Local is a non-profit organization, affiliated with the American Independent Business Alliance, working to build a thriving local economy and a unique community. We do this by nurturing connections for, and acting as the voice of locally-owned, independent businesses and by raising awareness of the importance of buying local.”
According to Keep Saint Petersburg Local, “every dollar spent with locally-owned businesses generates over three times the local economic impact as compared to spending with national chains.”
To help achieve their goals, Keep Saint Petersburg Local works closely with government officials and the media to help promote the city’s privately owned businesses. They also provide educational forums that create opportunities for members to share ideas, skills and resources. Additionally, they pool their purchasing power and creativity to negotiate lower prices and create co-op advertising promotions.
Educating the public about the value of doing business with locally owned, independent businesses is an integral part of their mission. It helps promote recognition and support for the area’s private enterprises, and promotes Saint Petersburg as a lively and distinctive shopping, dining, entertainment and tourist destination.
8 Reasons Why Keep Saint Petersburg Local Matters:
- Keeps money re-circulating in Saint Petersburg.
- Keeps Saint Petersburg remarkable by promoting the city’s unique character.
- Creates jobs. Small businesses are the largest employers nationally.
- Keeps Saint Petersburg green through reduced packaging, transportation and carbon footprints.
- Invests in the community. Local businesses are owned by residents who live close, raise families, buy local and help create a well-rounded area.
- Creates more choices. Local businesses offer a variety of products to meet the specific needs of their community.
- Encourages Saint Petersburg’s prosperity by training future entrepreneurs who are likely to stay in the area.
- Helps make Saint Petersburg a tourist and shopping destination.
For additional information and membership information, visit Keep Saint Petersburg Local.
Chris Hounchell & Associates is the leader in general real estate, pre-foreclosure, short sale and foreclosure markets in the Pinellas County area. For more information, contact Chris today at 727-642-9107. Buy Local!